Friday 14 February 2014

Valentines Day Make Up Look

   My first Friday post, oo how exciting! I'm hoping to add Friday to post days if I can get organised!
This week I thought I'd do a make-up look that would be suitable for valentines day.
I apologise in advance for any low quality photos, the family camera's run out of battery so I've had to use mine.

So first up, here's the list of products I'm gonna be using in this post.
 - Maybelline Fit Me Powder (Nude Beige)   -Powder Blush (No idea where its from, the packaging is faded, all I can make out is 'Shade 12 Rose Jasmine')  

Obviously, the first step here was to create my base. I applied my foundation, powder (which please, please do not purchase it's terrible, I still haven't got round to buying a new one), concealer and then applied the blush along my cheekbones and on the apples of my cheeks. To apply my blush I used The Body Shop Blusher Brush, the fibres are so soft and help to apply the blush really easily.

















Next it's on to the eyes. For this look I've used a few different colours from the Naked 1 and 3 palettes (look out for a post about Naked 3 soon!)

Before I applied any eye shadow, I just put a dab of Urban Decay's Eye shadow Primer Potion on my eyelids (which by the way, is a life safer. Makes the eye shadow last 10x longer and stops creasing for every palette I've used so far)
               For an all over base colour I used burnout from the Naked 3 palette and lightly applied dust over the top for a bit of extra shimmer.
I then took Toasted from the Naked 1 palette and put it in the outer corners and crease of my eyelids. For the inner corners of my eyes I used sin from Naked 1 (sorry it's not pictured!). Finally for my brow bone as a highlighter I used Strange and then just to fill in my brows I used Factory (both from Naked 3).
Remember, you don't need any Naked Palettes to recreate this look, just some pinky eye shadows similar to the ones pictured here!




Finally I took my Scandal Eyes Precision liner and drew(?) wings in the outer corners and then lined my top eyelid as close to the lash line as I could. Then I used my endless accelerator mascara until I was happy with my lash length (you could also use falsies here, my lashes are quite long naturally so I don't bother usually). 
To complete my look I just applied Rimmel's Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in shade 16 which is a gorgeous pinky yet slightly coral colour that goes perfectly with the eye shadow colours.



VOILA! And there you have it, a pinky, yet not to full on look for Valentines Day! 
Let me know if you liked this, I feel my instructions may have been a tad waffle-y...

Thanks for reading!
Lucy 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment