Wednesday 19 March 2014

Boots 3 for 2 Haul!

As most of you probably know, boots once again have their infamous 3 for 2 offer on all beauty and skincare products. n need of a few essentials and also had some spare money to finally buy some products I've been lusting over the past few months.I did only limit myself to 7 products as I'm trying to reduce my spending!

After using the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation for quite a while I decided I needed a change. Seeing countless bloggers rave about the Rimmel Match Perfection (Light Porcelain - I know, I'm so pale!)persuaded me to buy it and it's absolutely flawless. It gives me amazing coverage, whilst feeling light on my face as if I'm barely wearing foundation. I also think it lasts quite a while. I prefer this to my Wake Me Up foundation because the shade just suits my skin and applies better. 

To go with my new foundation, I decided to finally give in and get the Real Techniques Foundation Brush. It's ten times better than the Avon one I had, the bristles are incredibly soft and the product applies better when using it. Once again real techniques have shown to be a fantastic brand. 

The other Real Techniques brush I picked up was the New Silicon Eye Liner Brush, I recently found a gel eye liner that I loved and I knew I'd binned the brush that came with it, the silicon aspect makes it super easy to clean, and it means the liner just glides on. I've also been using it with the naked palette's with a little water as an eye liner substitute.

I was planning on branching out and trying a new mascara, but in the end I couldn't quite make up my mind and I was running out of time, so I just picked up another Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara which I spoke about in my first blog post. 

The last three products I picked up were definitely impulse buys. The Bourjois Colour Boost lip crayon was something I spotted whilst finding a colour for my friend. The shade I bought (Plum Russian) is a beautiful deep, berry colour that is super glossy and smooth on the lips. Granted I do have to apply it a few times a day, but it's super moisturising and gives off the richest colour. I love the 'crayon' style that seems to be around at the moment so I'll definitely be buying more of these! 

Yet another Rimmel product I liked the look of was the Stay Matte Primer. I didn't actually own a primer before now, and I felt like I was missing out on something. When I have time to use this, I do notice that my foundation and powder last for longer, and also that my foundation applies 10x better then just on my bare skin! 

 Finally, I picked up a Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint from Barry M in Guava. I just adore the colour of it and felt I was in need of new nail polish, this does actually chip quite easily without a top coat but the gorgeous colour makes up for it!

Have you purchased anything in the massive 3 for 2 offer? If so let me know what products you've loved!
Lucy
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment